Thursday, April 13, 2006

Monkey Gets Company

I am thrilled! My parents are finally coming to visit and stay with the Hubby and I for the first time since our marriage (almost exactly 1 year ago). They have, indeed, made their way up to the Emerald City in the span of my residency (almost 3 years now). But never have I had the priveledge of playing hostess. What a divine treat! Mrs. Monkey, at your service (curtsy).

Speaking of divine treats, I spotted these wheat free peanut butter cookies on Nic's website and just had to try them. Considering both my mom and sis have a slight sensitivity to wheat, the opportunity to make these became an absolute necessity. This is very important business. Cookie making, that is.

And just look at those obedient little cookies below; resting on a bed of corrugated paper grass, and hardly flinching. What team players. We're proud of you, little cookies!


Wheat Free Peanut Butter Cookies
PB Cookies
Courtesy of Bakingsheet

1 c (chunky) peanut butter
3/4 c dark brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 c chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

1. mix all ingredients except chocolate chips until well blended.
2. Add chocolate chips.
3. Bake for 13 minutes.
4. Chew one and smile.
5. Repeat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home