Saturday, March 04, 2006

A Monkey for a Monkey

I finally did it! With help from many others, I've created my own monkey cookie. The hubby fabricated the cookie cutter, and thank you Cookies for the eyeballs and nose.
There are a bunch of recipe and design issues that need to be honed, but here we are so far. Still very much a work in progress. But I can tell you, this first prototype is yummy.



MonkeyBites Cookie

3 Monkeys
Just wanted to share with you what I've been up to lately. Hello, Monkies!

For the chocolate, I used Ibarra Chocolate - a Mexican treat. There's a great little Mexican Mercado down the street from my house that sells this stuff. They come packaged in round discs, and when broken open, you can actually see the huge sugar crystals. It's flavored with just enough cinnamon, which distinguishes it from other chocolates. Traditionally, it's used in chocolate milk. I laugh at tradition and say, "Give us Ganache!".

Ibarra Chocolate
Para mesa means for the table. Personally, I think it works better for a cookie.

I'll be out of town, starting tomorrow. Off to visit Macadamia nut factories and Kona coffee farms. I'll be back to report on my findings. Enjoy the week!



5 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Mom said...

These look yummy! But I think this monkey does need a mouth of some sort. Have a great trip.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Fran said...

These are so cute and look good enough to eat;) Love that ibarra chocolate too. Have a wonderful trip.

 
At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Steve said...

Maybe these are 'speak-no evil' monkeys? Have a great time in Hawaii - you must go visit the volcano. Aloha!

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger MonkeyBites said...

Yes, they are mouthless wonders. Hopefully not for much longer - though I do like the 'speak-no evil' concept. Hmm...things to ponder ;)

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Cate said...

Very cute!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home