Friday, February 03, 2006

Save a Fork, Use a Straw

If your anything like me, you've had a tiresome and strenuous week. So much so, that the idea of chewing your food just doesn't appeal to you. Relax, take your shoes off. I've got good news. It just so happens that I've designed a food that can facilitate your indolent persuasions . Drinkable Mashed Potatoes. Some may call it gross. Some might call it disturbing. I choose to call it 'convenient'.



 height=
Horseradish Mashed Potatoes

5 medium Russet Potatoes
2 chicken bouillon cubes
7 Tbs. butter, room temp
1/2 c. milk
1½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp horseradish

Wash and peel (optional) potatoes before placing them in a large pot. Place enough water in pot to cover potatoes and add chicken bouillon. Let water come to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until potatoes are fork tender, about 30 to 60 minutes depending upon size.


Drain the potatoes and place them in a mixer. Use mixer to mash potatoes, while slowly incorporating the ingredients until potatoes are a smooth, creamy consistency. Yields 4 servings.


Monkey Notes:
There were no straws readily at my disposal during the making of this product. Consequently, I was unable to place one in the photograph to complete the full effect. I was also unable to establish whether or not one can actually suck the potatoes from a straw. It remains a mystery. So as a curious and devout reader, I encourage you to try this at home in your spare time. If it works, don't forget to thank me for the tip. Slurp slurp!

2 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Blogger Brendon said...

Drinkable mashed potatoes?!? Whoa. I'm curious to see what you'll do with roast beef . . . ;-) Just curious, what did you serve with it?

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger MonkeyBites said...

I'm delighted you asked, Brendon.
Though I'm afraid it may be one of your less desirable entrees, chicken. Muaa-a-a-a.
And the picture looked, well, like something even the most stout poultry consumer would shun from. So, I figured to save face (and some audience members), I'd hold off on posting that one.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home