Monday, January 23, 2006

Go Seahawks Wings!!

..or Panther Parts. Depends on which team you'd rather be eating.

Two big football games were on this Sunday (Broncos v Steelers and Seahawks v Panthers), leaving me to wonder "what shall I make today?".
Duh! Only the most obvious football snack there is: buffalo chicken wings. Or, in this town, Seahawk Chicken Wings.
By the way, GO SEAHAWKS!!

The hubby claimed that these were possibly the best he's ever eaten. Thus coining the name Monkey: The Wing Maker.
I hope that nickname doesn't stick.
So let's cut to the chase and start cooking, all you Wing Maker wanna-be's.

Seahawks Wings

Baked Seahawk Wings
  • 20 chicken wing pieces
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup hot sauce
  • 2/3 cup tomato sauce
  • 1/4 cup buttermilk
  • 1 1/2 Tbs. chili powder
  • 1 tsp cayenne
  • 2 Tbs. honey
  • 2 Tbs. brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp vinegar
  • 1/4 tsp of each: onion powder, garlic powder, white pepper, salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

1. Bake wings for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, mix remaining ingredients in a saucepan and cook on stove top for 5 minutes.
2. Place sauce in a re-sealable container and throw wings in. Shake to coat.
3. Return wings to oven for another 10 minutes.
4. Repeat step 2 and 3 as many times as you can until the sauce it finished or the wings are baked to a crisp. Whichever comes first.

Monkey Tip: I set the broiler on for the last 3 minutes to get the skin nice and crispy. Be careful not to burn them. The broiler tends to do that if it's not carefully tended.




4 Comments:

At 5:57 AM, Anonymous me said...

So glad to hear about your quick recovery. The wings look fantastic and I can't wait to try them. Since our Broncos lost, it will be next year before we have wings and football together. Keep up the good work.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Putzy Nuzum said...

Hey, cool nuzum

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Brendon said...

Just curious: what sort of a pan/sheet/dish did you use for running the wings under the broiler? About a week ago, I put my broiling pan under the broiler and warped it. Wimpy broiler pan. Got any suggestions?

By the way, your food blog is excellent. The photography is better than mine. (sigh.)

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger MonkeyBites said...

Actually, I used a cookie pan for my wings. The pan did warp a bit in the heat, but seemed to recover after cooling. I'm sure there are better ways to bake wings, but my resources are minimal.

And you're making me blush... Thanks for the wonderful complement (I think your pictures look great too!)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home